Asphalt Paving Foreman
Company: Capital Asphalt, Inc.
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Capital Asphalt, Inc. is seeking an experienced asphalt paving
foreman capable of maintaining a solid, experienced paving crew and
recruiting/training new crew members as necessary. Typical projects
include city streets, county roads and state highway work. Very
little, if any, travel is required. We work in the North Florida/
South Georgia area. Our company specializes in Paving, Earth Work,
Heavy Highway Construction, Concrete and Drainage construction. If
you are looking for a company to retire from and a place to earn a
great living in the paving industry this is the job for
- Competitive compensation
- Company Vehicle
- Paid time offJob Summary: Candidate is responsible for
establishing a safe, accident free job site that runs on or ahead
of schedule. Applicants should feel comfortable in a physically
demanding and fast paced environment with a wide scope of civil
construction field work including earthwork, grading, wet
utilities, and paving. Applicants will be expected to track
quantities and analyze production, manage the delivery of
materials, and work cohesively with project management to ensure
compliance with contract, budget, and schedule. Successful
candidate for this role will have a demonstrated ability to
recruit, train and retain crew members focused on safety, quality
and productivity. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform asphalt paving in accordance with DOT, local
and commercial specifications.
- Ability to read plans and specifications (application rates,
grades, slope, drainage, etc.)
- Proven track record of completing jobs under budget and on
- Ability to manage all aspects of the operation including
ordering of materials, logistics, maintenance and outside
- Coordination between other crews, asphalt plant, subs and
- Daily submission of time cards and shift production reports as
required by management.
- Operate heavy equipment, including setting up aver.
- Ability to oversee daily operation of the asphalt paving crew
including, but not limited to, oversight of paving crew and truck
drivers and coordination with dispatcher for proper asphalt
deliveryEducation, Experience and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience as a paving foreman, with
- Knowledge of the local customers, materials and specifications
is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proved record of being a self-starter and able to work under
- Ability to work well with team members or inspectors while
managing stressful situation in changing environments.
- CDL Class A License with Dump Truck Experience is a plus
- Asphalt paving experience REQUIRED - Ability to lute asphalt to
the proper drainage and slope. Paver and Roller operator
- Ability to manage crew to perform installation of asphalt
- Excavation, Drainage and Mechanical Experience
- Night and weekend shift work may be required based on customer
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Candidate must be able to pass drug screen and criminal
Keywords: Capital Asphalt, Inc., Dothan , Asphalt Paving Foreman, Other , Tallahassee, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!