Company: Ameris Bancorp
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
The Commercial Banker sets business development strategy and
executes sales production efforts to acquire new commercial and
consumer business within the market area. The position makes sales
calls and visits to business customers, high net worth individuals
and prospects to understand the client needs, customize solutions
that will benefit the customer and meet loan, deposit and service
needs. The Commercial Banker II is responsible for attainment of
deposit and loan growth objectives, services an extensive, complex
customer portfolio and market, and demonstrates the Ameris Vision,
Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies
organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Maintains the quality, profitability and growth of business and
consumer products through appropriate pricing and fees.
- Demonstrates effective sales strategies to attract, expand and
retain customer relationships.
- Applies need-based sales techniques to attract, expand, and
retain customer relationships by identifying products and services
to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
- Sets business development strategy for assigned market;
identifies opportunities and makes sales calls to existing clients
- Maintains and services a portfolio of $50M or more in deposits
with emphasis on acquisition of low cost deposits meeting bank
- Maintains and services a portfolio of $75M or more in loans
which meet margin and revenue objectives.
- Thoroughly collects and analyzes customer and prospect
financials to assess viability.
- Reviews loan applications, tax returns, income statements, bank
statements and other relevant data to determine actual cash flow
and perform ongoing credit grade determinations within policy
- Identifies and structures large, complex loan and deposit
opportunities that optimize credit quality and profitability.
- Coordinates portfolio management functions collaborating
through a team which may include Credit Analysts and Commercial
- Applies a high level of business acumen and risk management
expertise to assess the viability of loan and deposit
- Prepares and articulates accurate, comprehensive, relevant
information to the Loan Committee for loan approval.
- Oversees ongoing quality control for a portfolio by executing
proper documentation, compliance and collection efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and
- Responsible for achievement of market objectives as set by Bank
- Uses Customer Relationship Management systems to track sales
efforts and prospects.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational
procedures and risk management policies.
- Represents the Bank in business development efforts and at
networking and community functions.
- Develops partnerships and collaborates with other lines of
business to attain mutual goals and better serve customers.
- Provides assistance and training to team members.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris'
core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best
interest of the customer when offering additional products and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyze markets, identify prospects, develop and
execute consultative, value-added sales techniques and
- Ability to meet and exceed established targets.
- Ability to negotiate, drive consensus, maintain collaborative
relationships, manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively express self, using
language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize a professional schedule
to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time
- Ability to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw
sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful
recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and
- Ability to provide a high level of interactive service to
others, building relationships and addressing identified
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of banking compliance policies and
- Knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis, commercial
and consumer credit principles.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products
- Demonstrates leadership skillset with ability to coach and
Industry and Work Experience:
- 5 or more years of Commercial Banking experience or related
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
The above job description is meant to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
Keywords: Ameris Bancorp, Dothan , Commercial Banker, Other , Dothan, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!