Company: Allied Motion Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Allied Motion Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a
PROCESS ENGINEER at our Dothan, AL facility. This is an excellent
opportunity for a highly motivated, results oriented and
self-directed individual to join an established reputable
Allied Motion is a global manufacturer with a trusted name in
precision and specialty motion control business. Our products
support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and
defense, automotive, medical, and other industrial markets. We help
our customers find innovative solutions to fit their needs
As the Process Engineer, you will develop and sustain
manufacturing processes to meet or exceed the technical
requirements of our Customers while achieving quality, throughput
and cost objectives. Leads the implementation of manufacturing
processes including, but not limited to: programming of CNC Lathes
and Mills, process layout, fixture design, equipment selection and
installation, work flow, process flow, process characterization,
process monitoring/control methods, material handling, tool
selection, consumables, documentation, training and support
- Defines, characterizes and leads the implementation of new
- Assures engineering & validation principals are applied to
manufacturing process design and sustainability.
- Develops manufacturing processes to be trouble free and ensure
success every time targeting Zero Defects.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in
design development projects representing manufacturing / quality
assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for manufacturing
process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements reporting metrics for monitoring
manufacturing process effectiveness and to enable managers to make
sound product / process quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving
activities to identify corrective actions and process improvements
utilizing Allied Systematic Tools (AST) and various quality tools
including 3 Leg 5 Why.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data
to predict trends that will affect improvement of product and
process quality and capabilities targeting CpK 1.67 normal/CpK 2.0
- Analyzes customers' product specifications to establish
efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and
- Assists with equipment selection and drive implementation of
- Performs necessary actions for process development and
documentation to perform and achieve acceptable Customer PPAP/FAI
submissions and approvals.
- Develops, Monitors and improves manufacturing process
performance and risk mitigation.
- Participates in review process for customer purchase orders,
contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary
criteria and provisions are included in manufacturing process and
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve
quality and establish feedback with solution center and technical
- Reports Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), quality issues,
trends and losses to site management/value stream team/Regional
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline of engineering, or other
related field. In lieu of a degree, equivalent years of experience
- 2 - 8 years of related work experience necessary.
- Working understanding of GMP, IS09000, and AS9100
- MasterCam and AutoCad experience a plus
- Experience in mechanical, process or product engineering and
with automation of a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including presentations to
external parties, internal leadership and facilitating training.
Must be able to relate technical information to non-technical
Allied Motion is a global organization designing advanced
technologies for the most challenging and innovative markets. The
business climate we compete in is constantly evolving and we do not
simply navigate through this environment, but we embrace its
challenges, and we position ourselves for success. Our people make
this possible. No other asset is more important. No other element
of our company is more depended upon. Our people, our culture, and
our commitment to "changing the game" is how we win. We ensure that
the spirit of our organization continues to grow stronger by
providing our employees with work-life balance, increasing their
earning power, and ensuring their financial stability. Our people
have created a culture of mutual respect that is fundamental to
Allied Motion, and we want you to be a part of it. We win together
- We are One Allied!
Don't let this opportunity pass you by - APPLY TODAY!
To learn more about Allied Motion, visit our website at
Due to the nature of our business, candidates MUST be US
citizens and there is no sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Allied Motion Technologies, Inc., Dothan , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Dothan, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!