Urban Regional Extension Agent - Human Health and Nutrition - Houston County, Dothan, AL - Alabama A&M University
Company: Alabama A&M University
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work that is to be performed in the identified
position. The statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified as other duties may be assigned.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System at Alabama A&M
University is seeking an Urban Regional Extension Agent (UREA) in
Houston County. The successful candidate will provide educational
programs in Houston and Dale Counties. This position will also
identify, assess, and prioritize needs of the local community, and
respond with learning opportunities to urban, new, and
nontraditional audiences with a focus on Human Health and Nutrition
program areas. The UREA will work as part of a support team under
the direction of the Extension Specialist in Health and Human
Nutrition, who provides leadership and develops Nutrition Program
content for underserved and underrepresented communities and
individuals. This position is 100% Human Health and Nutrition
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work as part of the Health and Nutrition team under the direction
of the Extension Specialist; delivering quality programs using a
variety of education materials and teaching methods to reach varied
target audiences in assigned counties.
* Market the educational programs and activities using public
service announcements, social media, news articles, fact sheets,
brochures, flyers, and other innovative marketing tools.
* Recruit county volunteers, program partners, and collaborators to
support educational outreach.
* Develop and manage a program advisory committee from which he/she
solicits program input.
* Facilitate development of community leadership and other
community assessments to support county program directions.
* Seeks funding support through grants, contracts, and program
agreements with relevant agencies and organizations.
* Be responsible for development and distribution of surveys to
collect impact data, measure effectiveness, and report
* Evaluates, analyzes, and interprets program data to complete
required organization reports and show program impact.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience,
certifications, licenses, etc.):
* A bachelor's in Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Health, or
other related discipline. Degree may be in different areas but
candidate must have prior formal nutrition education and provide a
broad understanding of Nutrition Education in addition to Health
and Physical Fitness.
* Ability to travel using personal vehicle (with mileage
reimbursement) and work flexible hours that can include nights and
weekends is required to fulfill assigned responsibilities
* Applicant must have a demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for
working with urban, new, and nontraditional audiences to deliver
new and innovative programs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation
* Knowledge and some experience with current Nutrition research
information and Nutrition trends and issues.
* Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team, work with
diverse groups, be self-motivated, and manage time and
* Use of computer applications, programs, social media, and other
communications methods required.
* Ability to collect, analyze, and report impact data for reports,
and to appropriate stakeholders.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision in various settings
while implementing and evaluating impact driven programming with an
understanding of sociological impacts, and exhibit leadership and
* Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office
* If the successful candidate does not have a Master's degree at
the time of hire, it is a requirement to obtain a master's degree
within five years of successfully completing a probationary
* Master's degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Health, or
other related discipline preferred.
* Graduate level courses and specialized certifications in related
All candidates, both internal and external, should complete the
An online employment application
Utilizing the attachment option, please attach the following
Letter of interest
Transcripts of all academic work (unofficial/copies acceptable
during recruitment process; however, official transcripts will be
required at time of hire).
SALARY Range: $39,151 - 48,972
* The salary for each position is based on the grade/tier in which
the position is placed, and the salary within the grade/tier is
based on the number of years of related experience or number of
years in the hiring rank.
ACES is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our
policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by applicable law.
Please submit the following documents online
* Employment Application
* Cover letter
* Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or
update your account.
Keywords: Alabama A&M University, Dothan , Urban Regional Extension Agent - Human Health and Nutrition - Houston County, Dothan, AL - Alabama A&M University, Other , Dothan, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!