Company: Southeastern Grocers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Southeastern Grocers is committed to a
culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where
we celebrate differences. As a great place to work, we empower
everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read
our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity
Job Title: Store
Location: Retail Grocery Location
|The store manager will effectively lead, manage and
develop overall store operations and associates to execute best
practices and maximize sales and profitability. This role will
create a shopping and working environment that exemplifies the
company’s commitment to and vision of service, quality and
neighborhood partnerships. This position will create a strong
company bench by identifying and developing individuals’ skills and
|Primary Responsibilities &
- Communicate, lead and empower teams to deliver a great shopping
experience for our customers in alignment with the company’s
vision, goals, expectations and policies while maintaining open
communication channels for ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Delegate authority, responsibility and accountability to
managers and assist the store manager in creating a coordinated,
motivated management team.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service
exceeding customer expectations; ensure associates greet, assist,
provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt,
courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote
the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Manage the fiscal budget, in-stock, inventory, shrink, expenses
including labor and supply management and cash control with a high
level of integrity, urgency and responsibility and within the best
interests of the organization.
- Maximize sales and profits by ensuring effective display and
sales techniques, efficient ordering, scheduling and work planning
to department managers and associates; analyze P&L for business
opportunities determine areas for improvement and communicate finds
store status and plans of action with district manager.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external business
environment and manage the store’s competitive response.
- Manage facility assets including promptly addressing
maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance of floor
- Ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of
federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation
- Recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants
through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within
company established compensation guidelines; ensure new associates
receive proper orientation and training and conduct regular
evaluations of direct and indirect reports.
- Exercise ability to reprimand or terminate associates when
necessary; or effectively recommend same.
- Manage, support and develop managers through feedback, praise,
and recognition; ensure adherence to all state and federal
employment laws and company policies and procedures through
partnership with human resource and legal department support
- Train and coach department managers on all KPIs, product
processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive
selling, safety and sanitation; conduct weekly meetings to discuss
departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and
- Provide guidance in product and supply ordering, equipment
setup, department organization and vendor assistance.
- Use initiative, ingenuity, creativity and good judgment to act
on opportunities and issues as they occur within the store
location; teach and advise department managers on sound
decision-making principles and application in daily
- Evaluate and ensure the location is properly stocked and
merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; educate
associates on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal
variations on product and sales.
- Manage neighborhood partnerships by leveraging corporate
resources and strategies; develop and maintain a positive image by
participating and partnering in community events.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with
customers, associates, schools, vendors, suppliers and regulatory
- Ensure all policies, programs and directives are communicated
and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- One (1) year experience as a SEG assistant store manager or two
(2) combined years consistent achievement of highly distinguished
business results as a service and center store area manager; or
five (5) years management experience in supermarkets, retail,
restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent
- Supermarket background.
- Consistent achievement of highly distinguished business results
as a SEG assistant store manager in multiple locations with varying
volume levels; or three (3) years proven leadership as a store
- Lives the Values by embracing the
essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s
goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
- Business-driven showing passion for
the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately
demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the
customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently
treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with management guidelines schedule.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to
obtain same within 180 days of placement.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, effectively
addressing customer issues and controlling business impact.
Keywords: Southeastern Grocers, Dothan , Store Manager, Other , DOTHAN, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!