Focus Factory Manager
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: September 15, 2023
What you will do
The Focus Factory Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the
assigned production area is operated in the most profitable and
efficient basis and with the accurate level of quality. Responsible
for maintaining the safety of the area, scheduling assignments,
line balancing, evaluation and control of build, monitoring of
fulfillment of customer production and quality requirements,
control of scrap and rework, efficiency, application of overtime,
and documentation of these activities. Acts as primary contact for
in-house departments for production related issues in assigned
How you will do it
- Direct Production Supervisors in the plant and coordinate
production work through familiarity with all manufacturing
- processes. Maintain a continual awareness of safety, quality,
efficiency, scrap and production schedules.
- Train and develop Production Supervisors instilling in them a
sense of responsibility and evaluate them on their progress.
- Analyze and determine staffing requirements. Study daily
operating results, meet daily with subordinates and collaborate
with supervisors on solutions to production problems. Ensure that
problems have been corrected.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed by all manufacturing
staff. Advise employees of deficiencies and violations and take
corrective action, if necessary, to ensure that procedures and
practices are being followed.
- Assist in maintaining OSHA compliance on the plant floor.
Provide Safety training on a continuous basis.
- Ensure proper distribution of staff and assist with training
for all new or transferred employees. Coordinate temporary staff
- Work with leadership and CI/Mfg. Engineering to develop a
roadmap for Continuous Improvement for processes and
- Drive the JCMS - Johnson Controls Manufacturing System -
throughout the plant, implement and sustain this culture with
continuous training and development of hourly production staff in
the manufacturing principles and governing behaviors.
- Support and lead 5S activities throughout the manufacturing
facility to continuously improve the 5S Score, leads Kaizen events
and perform lean training for the production staff.
- Drive formal problem-solving methods on the production floor
with production staff to drive a culture of continuous improvement
and quality, control scrap and rework and provide a quality product
to the customer.
- Understand financial reporting and drive improvements based on
- Authorize and evaluate the overtime requirement for Production
- Assist in mediation of personnel problems and conduct
disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor customer production requirements and coordinate
schedule adjustments when required.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of employee attendance
records. What we look for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience as a Production
Supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite. Preferred:
- Experience and certification in Lean Manufacturing and
Build your best future with the Johnson Controls team
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our
mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve
people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you
to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to
support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have
the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work
projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our
employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical,
financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of the Johnson
Controls family and thrive in an empowering company culture where
your voice and ideas will be heard - your next great opportunity is
just a few clicks away!
What we offer:
Paid vacation/holidays/sick time
Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, and
vision care - available day one
On the job/cross training opportunities
Encouraging and collaborative team environment
Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Dothan , Focus Factory Manager, Executive , Geneva, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!